International Airport in Phnom Penh Cambodia
International Airport Phnom Penh by theborneopost
The Phnom Penh International Airport is located about 9 km (35 minutes) from the city center. The Airport has been constantly upgrading and the facilities at the airport are modern. Arriving passengers are usually quite quickly processed through immigrations as long as one holds a valid passport and a visa to enter the country.
What services can you find inside the International Airport Phnom Penh?
- There is duty free inside the arrival hall and after passing customs,
- There are banks offering currency exchange and ATM terminals for you to withdraw cash.
- Also available, are kiosks selling ready-to use SIM cards and offering international telephone service. The tourist information counter sits visibly just before the exit.
- Restaurants, cafes, and fast food eateries are located at the foyer.
- Transportation into the city can be hired just outside the lobby.
- Visa on arrival service
Transportation information from the Airport to city center or beyond
But if not, and you have to find the transportation my yourself, here is a little information about it, that should help you for get into the city from the Airport.
A Taxi ride will cost 9$ into the city and 12 $ for destinations beyond the city center, but not too far away.
It is always good to ask the driver first if yours is a more distant ride beyond the city center. Usually, 15 $ should take you to most parts outside the center of Phnom Penh, but not over provincial boundaries.
There is also the Remork (Tuk Tuk) which will cost 7$ into the city. Drivers often ask for an additional 2$ for destinations past the town center. Motorcycle taxi (Motordups) can be found just outside of the airport gates and hired for about 2-4$.
All the same, they sometimes charge extra 1$ for rides beyond the town center.
Tuk Tuk Transportation
There are some popular transportation means in Phnom Penh but the price will be different as
mentioned above. So, while you come without reservation and no one pick you up you could choose one of those which is suitable to your expenses and safety.
Have a blessed and fun day in Phnom Penh, Cambodia